I have been working with people to further their growth and potential for twenty five years, and I still love my work.
My first experience of counselling was at a Rape Crisis Centre where I assisted many survivors of abuse. I became fascinated with the process of healing and decided to make working with people my life’s work. I enrolled to study Clinical Psychology at the University of Cape Town where I graduated in 2000.
Since then I have been working in private practice as a Clinical Psychologist. I am also trained as an Executive and Life Coach, as a Process Work Psychologist and more recently as a Zen Coach.
I lived for five years in the USA where I worked as a therapist and trainer of Emotional Intelligence in the non-profit and corporate sectors. I also worked with the staff at a refugee organisation. During my time abroad I took the opportunity to study with well known teachers in mindfulness which added an invaluable dimension to my work.
MA Clinical Psychology (UCT) – with distinction
B.Soc.Sci (Hons). Psychology (UCT) – with distinction
BSC Computer Science
• 2020 Supervisors’ training of Mindfulness teachers, Institute of Mindfulness of South Africa
• 2020 Zen Coach training, Zen Coaching Institute (Norway)
• 2016 Dream Appreciation Retreat, Global White Lion Protection Trust, Timbivati with Graham Saayman.
• 2012 Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples Externship
• 2009 Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Professionals, Omega Institute (NY, USA)
• 2008 Process Work Psychology Intensive, Portland, Oregan (USA)
• 2006 Diamond Approach Training, A.H. Almaas (Atlanta, USA)
• 2005 Executive Coach training, the Coaching Centre (Cape Town, RSA)
- Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA) PS0068845
- Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF) 0005398